As we begin preparing for another summer of relaxing fun on the Saco River we have adjustments to make to be sure we can do so as safely as possible.
Currently, the State of New Hampshire task force is developing guidelines for businesses to re-open safely. We anticipate the opportunity to re-open for river trips on a limited basis starting in June. Our retail office will open in mid-May and individuals can book online at www.sacorivertubing.com or www.sacocanoerentals.com, or call (603) 447 4275.
Whether you are a past, present or future guest of Saco Canoe Rental Company/Saco River Tubing Center, we want to take this time to communicate to you our perspective on Covid-19 and our related policies this upcoming summer.
Firstly, please know there is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our guests and staff. In that regard, we are diligently reviewing all of our current, best practice operating and safety procedures to ensure adherence to the latest CDC guidelines. In particular, sanitation of equipment and gear, disinfection of communal surfaces, and availability of handwashing stations or hand sanitizers throughout our facilities will be given particular emphasis. Hand Sanitizer packets will be provided to all guests upon check-in at no additional charge.
This summer will bring many changes to employee and guest safety as our primary concern. We know people are going stir crazy and want to get outdoors however, we will operate in the safest way possible. One thing that won’t change is the fun and the memories you will make on the Saco River!
Preliminary Operating Plans
- We will not be doing any large groups. Will be following CDC and State Guide Lines regarding social distancing.
- Each group/family will have a private shuttle. Customers arriving together will be shuttled together.
- All vans will be sanitized between shuttles.
- Each guest will be provided with a disinfectant towel.
- All Life Jackets will be disinfected after each use.
- Initiate 24 hour cancellation policy for all reservations.
- All waivers will need to be filled out online in advance.
- Advance Reservations will be strongly recommended we anticipate operating at 50%
- Unfortunately not all trips will be offered.
We look forward to smiles and river laughter in the coming months.
Peter Gagne, president